Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Budding Artists

I put up a long piece of paper across one of our kitchen walls this weekend. It was to protect the wall from icing while kids decorated cookies at Tyler's birthday party. After I moved the table back downstairs, I thought about taking the paper down, but it seems like such a waste. So, I drew a sun, and started a tree. I meant to draw leaves on the tree, but the kids found it before I could finish, and they immediately went to work on it. Well, they were polite enough to ask what it was, and if they could draw on it, too. I was so delighted with their enthusiasm to create.
 
 Vincent drew a ninja hiding in the tree, saying, "Ki-ai!" Tyler drew a bird, then needed to extend a branch for the bird to perch on. He then drew some leaves.
 See the ninja, bird, and leaves?
 Oh, need another leaf here...
 Tyler wanted to draw his own tree. Vincent was creating some sort of crazy ninja scene.
 Final product (for now):
To the left of the tree, it is night time. There is a moon, stars, and black clouds. To the right of the tree, is another tree, and a small golden dragon (can't see it) on the bottom right. I believe there's a snake, too. Tyler had me draw 3 snowflakes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment