Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Lost Track

Well, I've lost track of what day of summer we're on...and I didn't do such a good job with keeping up with it daily. There were some pretty great events that have been missed, but I was too busy having fun with those days!

Anyway, we're at our final week of the summer. Next Tuesday, Tyler starts preschool in a new location. It's still the same school, but they're moving to a new building. Vincent starts kindergarten next Wednesday. Crazy!

For now, we are winding down our summer. Today, Vincent bid farewell to Nicole and Ashley, the childcare providers at ProSports Club. He spent a lot of time there this summer with Tyler, but he won't be going back until there's a school day off or something. Tyler will continue there 2 days a week. Let's face it, I need my exercise!

We mostly just hung around the house this afternoon. At 4:30pm, I decided that it was too nice outside to be inside. I cut up a loaf of crusty bread that had been in our fridge for a couple of weeks, and the kids and I walked to the arboretum to feed the ducks. 

Boy, were we in for a treat! At first, we could just hear the ducks. It sounded like one or two. But, as we came up to the water, we saw them. About 50 ducks, excited to see us, waddling up, ready for a treat.
In less than 5 minutes, all the bread was gone. Those ducks surrounded us. I had to grab a couple handfuls and toss them far from us to move them away. Very eager.

For dinner, I made fish tacos. Grilled them up on our old trusty table-top grill. David purchased a new grill last night, and we're so excited to fire it up this weekend. We'll hang on to this little one for small cookouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment