Friday, May 4, 2012

Memory

Tonight, Tyler and I successfully finished our first game of "Memory" for the first time. There was no frustration from me, which means no yelling. Yes, I have yelled at Tyler in the past while playing this game. I know, it's awful! But, seriously, it happened with Vincent, too. It's a simple game, but you go to play with your small child, and they don't get it. You try to carefully explain the object of the game to them, but they still don't get it. You think, "Oh, he'll learn as we play," but, they still don't get it. Eventually, all your calm and patience runs out, and you are yelling. Okay, maybe it's just me. 

But, not tonight! Tyler has been playing short memory games on my iPhone for a  few months now. He finally understands that it's a matching game. So, I set the game up, and played with him. It took him a few minutes to realize that he has to pay attention, and that it's actually quite tricky because there are SO MANY CARDS.

Nonetheless, we made it through the entire game. Of course, I had to fake getting a few wrong just so I could flip over certain cards for him to see, again. I don't let my kids win at every game, but I do try to help them out a little to build confidence during the game so they'll keep playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment