Thursday, May 17, 2012

First Piano Lesson

Ever since David told me that there are three things that help kids develop something good in their brains, that I can't seem to remember what, I've been obsessed with one of them for Vincent...Piano. 

By the way, we already do the other two for Vincent, which are karate and chess. And, you betcha Tyler's gonna learn them, too!  

Anyway, I had already been thinking about piano lessons when he told me this little bit of information. I ran with it.

Months ago, I looked into music taught in the Suzuki style, and found out that music lessons in general are EXPENSIVE. Not to mention purchasing the actual instrument. Luckily, I found that our local community center does lessons, but for ages 6+. Once I got on my piano kick, I decided to call the community center and see if they'd take a 5+ year old. They gave me the number to the director of programs. I called him and left a message. Then, he told me he passed my number to the actual teacher and that she'll call me. I waited, and waited. I was just about to go Google her when she called. 

She'll take him.

And, so, long story short, Vincent had his first piano lesson today. Woohoo! He did pretty well, considering it was the end of the day. He did fool around a bit, but mostly towards the end. And, when he was all done, he said, "I want to keep going." That's a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment