Friday, February 20, 2009

We're All Sick

This happened last year around this time, only a little earlier. We all caught colds - pretty good ones. Mine had a lasting cough for about 6 months. It wasn't until just before I got pregnant that I finally kicked it, but not without the help of lots of drugs. This time, I can't take any drugs. Gosh, I can't believe that was a year ago when we all got sick like that. Seems so fast, yet, it seems I've been pregnant for so long.
Yesterday, I woke with no voice. That sucked. And, during my last prenatal visit, my blood pressure had gone up. Nothing too alarming, and there were no other symptoms to make my doctor feel concerned. But, she did say she wanted me to take it easy, if at all possible. Not being about to talk while taking care of Vincent, and trying to take it easy would be tough.

David worked from home. Thank you, David! We also called on the help of this on-call nanny service that Microsoft has as part of our benefits. It was our first time using it, but it worked out really well. It was a little awkward, as we were both home. I stayed in bed most of the day, and David was in and out. Overall, it was a success, and we'd use the service again - especially since it's 24 hours, and we may need to have someone come stay while we run to the hospital...

So, Vincent got a new shirt from my mom this week. Needless to say, he LOVES it!

No comments:

Post a Comment