Tuesday, February 24, 2009

39 Weeks

I'm down to my "last" week of pregnancy. Of course, I could go further than 40 weeks, although I'm not so sure they'll let me go much past that. My blood pressure is up, again, like when I was pregnant with Vincent. Doesn't seem to be as bad as it was last time. I went for my check up today, and my doctor wants me to return again on Thursday to recheck my blood pressure. Same thing happened last time, except I had to go in for NSTs (normal stress test) every other day. Aside from the blood pressure, everything else seems to be normal.

My mother-in-law will be arriving tomorrow afternoon. She was supposed to be here this coming Saturday, but with my cold and the high blood pressure, David and I have decided that it would be best to have her come early. It was a good call, since now I have to go into the clinic more than expected.

Yesterday, I had said during one of Vincent's classes to a few other moms, "I'm looking forward to my MIL getting here..." They were surprised by my comment, and made various remarks about NOT looking forward to visits from their MILs. Nothing too harsh, just a difference of opinion. I have to say, I am so fortunate that I do get along with both my inlaws. And, not just get along, but I think we all really like each other. If anything, I feel bad for them because they don't get a very comfortable place to sleep here. We do have an inflatable mattress, but sadly, there's a hole in it. My mom found out about that when she ended up on the floor the morning after she slept on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment