Friday, February 13, 2009

Sick Day

Vincent woke up with a fever this morning. He came into our room, got into bed with us, and wanted me to feel his forehead. I thought that was pretty cool that he let me know he felt warm. So, we stayed home from school this morning, and cancelled all plans. Well, except for my afternoon prenatal appointment.

I wondered if we'd be bored all day, but we actually did really well. I did put on some old Charlie Brown episodes (one was "Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown") on Netflix for him so that I could fold a bunch of laundry. But, we also got out for a walk around the block, and we did some painting as well. For being sick, he was actually in a really good mood. Only slightly needy, a tiny bit less energetic, but still really happy.

This afternoon he went with me to my prenatal appointment and my doctor was kind enough to check Vincent's ears, too. The visit went well. Very much routine. My blood pressure is good, which is a relief. Last time around, I believe I was on bed rest by now. Vincent kept calling my doctor by his pediatrician's name, which was pretty cute.

Here's the most recent Vincent picture. I took is a couple days ago. He was sitting at his table playing with his kitty cat keyboard. It was so sweet and cute (and amazing). He was just sitting there, calmly pressing buttons and keys, singing and just enjoying himself. He did this for a good amount of time, which gave me a chance to catch up on a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment