Wednesday, February 25, 2009

5 years ago,

...today, I met David. We were talking about this last night, and about how life was so different for both of us (obviously). We both went to work and had fun going out with friends. Simple. Things are a bit more complicated now, but no less enjoyable. In fact, I think when we met, I was on the verge of quitting my current job, without another lined up.

It was a blind date, and I almost stood him up. I would've been crazy to miss out on David Hunt! We walked from Uptown Espresso in Belltown to Benaroya Hall downtown, and saw a National Geographic Live lecture on a photographic tour of Macro Polo's route from Italy to China. Then, he suggested we get a bite to eat and a drink at The Alibi Room, one of my favorite bars at the time.

Was it love at first sight? I'd say almost. Rather than decide I was totally into him right away, I opted to sleep on it, and see how I felt in the morning. When I woke up, I knew he was the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment