Sunday, May 3, 2015

We Rode The Bus Today



Given where we live in proximity to downtown and a bus stop, we don't ride the bus nearly enough. Well, David does, almost daily, but not the kids and I. 

Today, we did it as a family. Rode the #43 to Capitol Hill. 

Here's what we did, after we got off the bus:
-Walked through Broadway Farmers' Market
-Crossed the street to Walgreens for "allowance day" shopping. V & T picked out Skylanders trappers. Trust me, you don't want to know.
-Walked a block to Elliot Bay Books, where the boys tried looking for more stuff to buy with their money. Nothing. Crosby had to be quickly carried out of the store, so avoid a scene.
He may look like he's calmly reading, but it didn't last long.
-After getting a little turned around, we found Kurt Farm Shop. Please, run, don't walk, and get your booty down to this little gem of an ice cream shop (he has cheese, too!). There's even a nice back courtyard for the kiddos to shake their legs.
 
-Stopped in at Retrofit, where I think I've found my desk chair. I just need to convince D to let me get it.
-Big Mario's pizza for big slices.
The boys are looking at, I think, a homeless couple across the street making a ruckus.
His was just half a slice. Look at D's on the left.
-Walk back through the Farmers' Market.
-Stopped in the comic book store.
-Get back on the bus and head home. 
Almost home.

No comments:

Post a Comment