Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's Tuesday

For the past 8 months, Tuesdays have been college day for Cros and I. This is my Round 3 of "baby college." I used to ride the bus there with Vincent pretty often. We lived half as close, so I even walked sometimes. Rarely did I drive. With Tyler, I hardly drove. I had to rush back to pick up Vincent from preschool, so time was of the essence. 
 
Today, we rode the bus to school. I have been meaning to do it for months now, but keep forgetting. As I said on Sunday, I was going to try to ride the bus more often with the kids.
 
Getting there was a breeze. Getting back, not so much. Somehow, the 2 blocks to the bus stop seemed much longer. The bus took longer than my app said it would. When it finally came, the bus driver immediately rear-ended the car in front of us. Rather than stand around for 20 minutes waiting for the next bus, we hopped on the wrong bus that was right behind ours, knowing we'd have to transfer halfway home. This was all pretty simple, actually. Only, C kept saying, "Amma shuai." "Shuai?" "Pees, shuai?" Translations: "I want water." "Water?" "Please, water?" This went on the whole ride, as we waited for the transfer, and on the next bus.
Waiting for our transfer. He kept eating dried cereal and asking for water. Hmmmm.
Yes, home is just 2 blocks away from the bus stop, but the coffee shop was just a few steps. Immediate water satisfaction, and maybe a doughnut.
Prior to our morning outing, we got to watch workers on in front of our house. Okay, actually, we weren't watching the workers. We were watching the machines the workers were using.
Ms. Annette at the lunchroom gave him U.S. President cookies.
oohhh. ahhh.
 In other parts of our life, there are Duplos.
Welcome to the jungle. Do you spot an elephant?
And, show and tell. 
Ty showed off some Pokemon cards. He carried them to school in a Nespresso pods box. The kids also sang for their teacher's birthday.
 And, there's dinner. Taco Tuesday for Cinco de Mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment