Sunday, September 9, 2012

What A Week!

Seriously, this was quite the week. Kindergarten, new preschool location and schedule, starting a new Chinese school, a Sounders game, swim lesson, birthday party...

Yeah, so Vincent started back at Chinese school on Saturdays. This year, he is attending a new school, called Tzu Chi Academy. I've been pretty excited to get him started here. He could have done it last year, but we had already been at the other school, so I figured we'd stick to that one. Unfortunately, that school didn't work out so well for us, and we pulled him out halfway through the year. I have confidence in this school. 

For one, my mom is a teacher for the Monrovia, CA, chapter. Secondly, they were a uniform. Third, Vincent's new teacher was so organized on Saturday. I received an email last week with a supplies list. Nice. I like being prepared, as does Vincent. He gets that from me. No wait, David likes being prepared, too. Ooh, double whammy!

Another cool thing about this school is there are two pretty decent sized playgrounds at the elementary school right next door. That means that I can bring Tyler with us and give David Saturday mornings off. Tyler won't be so bored out of his mind and driving me bonkers. And, nearby, there are yummy Chinese eats! I stopped there with my friend to pick up some lunch for Vincent and I. Vincent loved his food. I love when he loves his food, and I hear him going, "Mmmm, good," from the back of the car.

Right after Chinese school, we drove downtown to meet David and Tyler at Century Link Field for our first MLS game. Go Sounders! It was so fun! I'm totally a Sounders fan now. Vincent's kind of pumped about soccer, too. David's pumped for Vincent. And, Tyler, well, he acted like a crazy kid who couldn't sit still from being over-tired. He fell asleep in David's arms immediately after the game as we were walking down to meet the players. Yeah, Vincent spun this wheel and won a wristband to "Autograph Alley" where he got to meet 3 of the players, take pictures with them and get their autographs. Tyler slept through all of it, and continued to sleep all the way until we made it home. 

Today, I went to work at Mt. Townsend Creamery. David & the boys dropped me off, and then they went to Queen Anne to meet friends for Jon Hildebrandt's birthday brunch and football. Oh, and David got up early to go for a 6-mile run with Jayson! 

After the brunch, David took the boys to Vincent's first swim lesson (aside from the one he took when he was 6 months old) at 12:30pm. There, they ran into the Beatty's, who's kids were also taking lessons. "Mr. Beatty" is actually Jayson, David's morning running-mate! What a coincidence.

Then, a quick meal of pizza and video games at Pritty Boys, and Vincent was off at a birthday party at 2pm.

I got off work, took the bus to Capitol Hill to Lark, to wish Evan a happy birthday and drop off cupcakes to the staff. David picked me up there, and we went to pick up Vincent by 5pm.

Dinner was at the ale house. I was so hungry, and couldn't think of what to make for dinner. Frankly, I was in the mood for a burger with blue cheese and fries. Success.

After dinner, we came home, David stopped in for a few minutes, but was soon back out the door. He is now enjoying a nice, mellow concert at the Moore Theater, seeing The Tallest Man On Earth. Lucky! I wanted to go to this show, but didn't pull the trigger on planning it. A couple days ago, a friend of David's had an extra ticket. I've never met this friend, so David got to go. I'm glad one of us did.

I gave the boys each a bath, read them chapter 1 of Harry Potter (book 1), and put them to bed.

Now, rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment