Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's Official, We Have A Kindergartner!!

Hey hey, first day of school! We all got up by 7:30am and within an hour, we were fed, dressed, and heading out the door to accompany Vincent to his new school. 

I have to say, Vincent sure was a cutie today! Oh, oh, sorry...he looked cool.
We were the second to arrive in class. This was a good thing because Vincent tends to have a harder time coming into a situation where there are already several other kids. It seems to overwhelm him, so it was nice he was able to have some space going into the class. He had tons of hooks to choose from for his backpack. He was the second lunchbox into the bin. And, he was the first to find a seat and "table top" activity. 

We knew a couple of kids that would be in class with him, but it turned out that a kid from his previous karate class is in this class, too. Right away, he knew who he wanted to sit next to, so he moved to a seat in between both of them. Before the bell rang, he was wondering if we were going to leave already. Well, okay, I guess so.

David took Tyler to school, while I stuck around to sign up for PTA volunteering stuff. Gosh, I really feel like a parent now. At 9:20am, all the kids came out to the schoolyard and we had a morning assembling. The principle introduced all the staff, and got the kids pumped for the new year. 

Tyler had a good second day of school. Tonight, at bedtime, he said to me, "Mommy, I love my school." Awww, that warms my heart. Seriously. I've been feeling bad that he wasn't going to Secret Garden, like Vincent, but I feel so good about this new school, and I'm relieved that he's so happy. He even has a favorite teacher.

I think tomorrow, I'm actually getting a full morning all to myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment