Tuesday, May 4, 2010

OMG, I Forgot About The Words!

Yesterday, we were leaving our friends' house after a little impromtu playdate, and while I was fastening Tyler into his carseat, he waved his arms and said, "Pa-pahhhhh." I think he was say, "bye-bye." It's not the first "words" he has spoken, I don't think. Truthfully, I don't know what was his first word or when he would've said it. I believe it was "Mama," like a couple of months ago, but it was hard to know if he meant it in the right context. I also know there have been a couple other instances where he said something that seemed to mean what it was, but I can't remember, since I didn't jot it down that very moment.

BUT, this one I remember. It was very clear what he was trying to say. At first, it was just waving when we said, "bye." Now, there's actually a word with the gesture. He said it on the bus today to the people getting off. Then, he said it as we were getting off ourselves. So cute.

It's just amazing all that this little guy can do already. I feel like he was just a little lump not long ago. Now, he hears certain songs and gets excited about them & will get up and dance. He tries to kiss the cats when we tell him to. He gives things to Vincent when asked. He can put things away when asked. He pats his chest when he wants something, after pointing to it. Just amazing. When I was putting him to bed tonight, as I was singing, it sounded like he was trying to sing along. Wow. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment