Thursday, May 20, 2010

How Could I Have Forgotten?!


That's right, Vincent got his first bike! Monday night, after dinner, David suggested we go to Performance Bicycle to look at their bikes. He has been looking for one a few months now, and Monday night we took the plunge. No special reason, like a birthday, or Christmas, or good grades...What a lucky kid.
In other news, I took a sewing class last week and this week. It's just two classes, divided into 2.5 hours each. We learned how to make a bag. Here's my final product. Not bad, if you ask me. I mean, if you look closely, you'll see it's definitely not perfect, but it's pretty darn good. Not as hard as I thought it would be, but this is a basic project, I guess. I'm thinking of taking the pajama pants class next. I want to do a few more classes before making a sewing machine purchase...if I ever do.And, finally, I made hamburgers for dinner tonight. So good. Buns, from Essential Bakery. The meat, from Thundering Hooves. I topped David's and the boys' with good ol' Kraft American cheese. I opted out of the cheese. David and I also had sauteed onions, mushrooms and garlic on ours. We ate sauteed zucchini, and a cabbage salad on the side. Vincent surprised me. First, he was excited when he saw his plate of food, which was only a quarter piece of hamburger and some zucchini. Then, he announced that he wanted to have "a lot of sandwich." So, I gave him another quater. Then, he said, "Mmm. This is good," as he ate. And, he proceeded to eat almost the all of the hamburger he asked for. He may have finished all of it had he not have to stop for a potty break. I'm not sure. But, this is a big deal, considering he can't even eat half of a Dick's (tiny) hamburer! He didn't eat his zucchini. Tyler enjoyed his hamburger, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment