Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Getaway

After school let out yesterday, we drove out to the WA coast to the town Seabrook. We were just here back in April during spring break with Ma. We've rented a much smaller place this time for just the 5 of us. It's nice, but the last place was so fabulous, this is like we're slummin' it. Ha! Spoiled.

Really, though, I do feel spoiled, even if this place isn't as big or well stocked as the last. I mean, raising my 3 boys is so hard. {One is super moody, another is happy yet wildly crazy, and the third is super duper moody, cute, and wildly crazy.} I'm usually exasperated by 9am. BUT! Yes, there is definitely a silver lining. Raising these boys comes with priceless rewards, like the things we did as a family today, and I feel so fortunate.

Hiking down to the beach via the "Gnome Trail."
Crosby putting on David's Cavs ball cap like it ain't no thang.
Seeing my 2 year old flying a kite for the first time.
Playing in the sand & finding tadpoles {yeah, on the beach!}.
And, my life is extra sweet because I have the best husband to share these moments with. He said to me while we were on the beach, watching our boys with another random group of kids, "I love seeing kids play & explore like this. It's what growing up should be like." I love his appreciation for the wonders of childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment