Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Anny's Beauty Salon

I gave my first successful haircut today! I have attempted haircuts a few times in my life, but have not ended well. 

My first attempt was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. My ex-boyfriend asked me to cut his hair. My response was, "Um, I don't know how to." He shrugged it off, and handed me scissors anyway. I ended up having to shave all his hair off with a pair of clippers. His mom was NOT happy with us. Excuse me, Nancy Briggs, but I'm a teenager, who doesn't care if her boyfriend has a shaved head. Don't get mad at me, lady. You should've taken your son to the barber before he came asking me.

Since then, I've only used clippers to give buzz cuts to David and both my boys. 

Today, I had this weird sense of confidence that I could, in fact, cut my child's hair. I had cooked up a little plan in my head of how I was going to approach it. It involved television...of course. I told Tyler ahead of time that I wanted to cut his hair. He said, "no." Then, I told him my plan. He was on board. 

I moved the rug, laid down a tablecloth, set up a stool, and Tyler sat down. I wrapped a towel around him, turned on 'Ni Hoa Kai Lan' and went to work.

Two episodes later...


Unfortunately, I didn't get a "before" picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment