Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Keeping Busy & Sad News

After dropping the big boys off at camp, I took my littlest man to the $1 showing of Paddington Bear at Regal Theater up north. It's their Summer Movie Express. The last time I took him to the movie theater was last summer for one of these. We met up with friends, and I forgot my wallet. I ended up having to take him out of the theater periodically, as he was only a little over a year old. We did better today, but not by much. We stayed for 1 hour of the show. It was alright, since we were meeting friends for lunch, and I wasn't sure if we'd make it back in time if we stayed for the whole movie. Luckily, I only spent $1 on my ticket, he was free, and we shared a kids snack pack for around $6.

We made it back a little early, so we stopped at the playground. Crosby really enjoyed going for a ride of the zip-line swing.
Lunch was at Cactus with our friend who nannies two boys we met through karate. They have a pretty decent kids' menu. I ordered C the beef brisket flautas for $4, which came with sour cream and guacamole. He seemed to like it, but ate more of it in the car on the way home than in the restaurant. Go figure.

Before we picked up brothers from camp, I went to check on our frog, Murray. He was dead. I was really shocked and sad about this. We found Murray a few weeks ago, when he still had a bit of his tadpole tale, in Seabrook, WA. I was the one who caught him, but Tyler claimed him, and has been taking care of him since. I didn't tell him that Murray died, but he didn't check on him before bed tonight. He seemed so good yesterday. When I found him, it looked like one foot may have been stuck between a rock and the side of the aquarium. My guess is that he drowned. Good-bye, Murray. You will be missed.

When we first got Murray's aquarium, and crickets for him to eat.
What a cute frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment