Saturday, May 11, 2013

1 Month Old

Crosby is 1 month old today! 
In Chinese culture, you celebrate this day with a red egg and ginger party. I had every intention to do so for Crosby, but I took no steps to make this happen. I guess, I did take step 1, which was talk about it to David and his mom. 

Last night, we had our roughest night with Crosby, feeding him every 1.5 hours or so. What that actually translates to is about 45 minutes of sleep for all, once he's fed, changed (if needed), rocked to sleep, and carefully set down without him waking. But, this morning, he gave Nana and his brother a tiny smile. I missed it. Maybe that's what he's working on, and keeping us up. Who knows.

Anyway, there was no red egg and ginger party. Instead, Vincent went to Chinese school in the morning with PopPop and Daddy. There was a Mother's Day celebration, which David took my place for. Vincent served him and his dad little cups of tea, massaged David's hand, and did a little sign language/singing performance. 
Tyler and Crosby stayed home with Nana and me. Nana took Tyler for a walk to Fuel, and Crosby and I met up with them later. We all walked to the arboretum and around the neighborhood, then came home for lunch.

It ended up being such a busy afternoon, with lots of commotion. There was a sink that got clogged, and a night market to see. But, a good evening, after all.

David and I rounded up the boys and walked to UW for the Taiwanese night market. We met up with a few friends. It sort of made up for the lack of red eggs and ginger. Crosby got passed around for our friends to hold. He did great and was very content. The older boys had a great time. PopPop and Nana fixed our clog, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment