Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday at Pike Place Market

Over the past year, I think, Tyler and I have been doing quick Pike Place Market outings on Fridays. Maybe it's just been the past few months, I can't remember. I would say we go about once every couple of months or so, maybe more. He did spend 2 mornings down there with me some time last year, when I covered a couple of shifts at Mt. Townsend Creamery. Since then, he's got the market down.
 
I figured, with Penguin arriving any day now, I'd better take this opportunity to take Tylie down there, again. We found Rock Star Parking right next to that Rocky Mountain chocolate place. 
 
Our first stop was to see Julia at Mt. Townsend. Ty ran right up to the case as she was stocking it with cheese and met her face behind the glass, yelling, "Juuuu-lee-ah!!!" She was surprised and thrilled to see him. Of course, we stocked up on our cheeses. We picked up a couple of bags of apple chips, and some beef sticks from Don and Joe's. Then, we had lunch at Pike Place Bar and Grill. It only has 2.5 stars on Yelp, but our meal wasn't too bad. (NOTE: Thomas Kemper root beer, not good.) I had a B.L.A.T. with fries, and I quite liked it. Tyler had white pasta, which he didn't care for, but I thought was good. Lots of Parmesan cheese, which he wasn't into. Weirdo. Who doesn't like Parm?
 
Who knows. Maybe we'll get one more PPM outing in before Penguin arrives. I know I wouldn't mind. I do love my Monday and Friday mornings with my TyTy.

No comments:

Post a Comment