Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Is Here!

Happy April Fool's Day. I actually didn't realize what day it was until I read someone's Facebook page about April Fool's, there was no foolin' around here for me. Business as usual, of course. 

With the first day of April, is high hopes for a mellow month. Though I did have to get up early this morning and go to work at Mt. Townsend Creamery, it was basically a pretty mellow day. Good start! After work, I drove to Magnolia to my friend's house for a "baby shower" for our friend, Jen. It'll be her 3rd baby, so we just got together to hang out and eat delicious snacks.

By the time I got home, it was almost dinner. David and I stood around in the kitchen, hugging and talking about our day. He had the kids all yesterday and today (BEST husband, ever), and I worked last night, as well as this morning. I, of course, had the kids for 3 days whole days while he was in San Francisco earlier this week. 

Anyway, the first 3 months of 2012 have been very busy for us. We got through the busy holidays, and kept the momentum going into the first quarter. The only things we have on our calendar for April, aside from the kids' regular activities, are a couple of birthday parties, a getaway weekend to Hood Canal next week, and my mom visiting. I really hope this means that we're slowing down a bit and catching our breath.

Oh, and while I was at work this morning, David took the boys on the bus to Bellevue for a little Lego-hunting adventure. In the end, they didn't find the set they were looking for, but they got tons of exercise walking the streets of Bellevue, at McDonald's, and met R2D2.
And, since I got home pretty late from my girly afternoon, we decided to go out for dinner. Partly to celebrate David's hard work this past year at Salesforce.com, too. Fuji Sushi. It was okay, actually. I'm not sure if they've changed ownership or what, but it wasn't quite the same as usual. The sashimi was very good, and so were the Japanese dishes. The rolls, well, not so much. Nonetheless, the kids ate very well and were close to angelic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment