Saturday, March 13, 2010

What Have We Been Up To?

Since we've been back from L.A. we've been pretty busy...

There was one day when Vincent didn't have school, so I took the boys to Miller Community Center. It had been a long time since Vincent was last there. I was really impressed with how well he played there and took turns with the smaller children. Tyler loved the lawn mower. It was one of Vincent's favorites once upon a time, too. He was still crawling the last time I took him, so it was fun to see Tyler able to stand up and push the mower. He was so pleased with himself. Tyler discovered how to doodle. I'm so proud!
Tyler has been practicing with his utensils. He, of course, always ends in a big mess. This is nothing.
Here's a picture of Vincent eating, too.
At Tyler's 1 year appointment, he weighed in at 20.05 pounds, which means he can now ride forward facing in the car! Here's the first ride with both boys facing forward when David and I decided to take them out for dessert last night to celebrate...our house being SOLD! Yup, escrow closed on Thursday, March 11. We are officially non-homeowners again.
Some other things that I'm including, just so I can remember them one day...no big deal, feel free to stop reading now...

*Vincent has been scared of the slide at REI since as long as we have been taking him there. Once, maybe twice, he has gotten daring and gone down, but quickly realized it was not for him. I've even gone down with him & it was still too scary. But, last week when we were there, things changed. He was up in the tree house with a slightly bigger boy, who was not going down the slide, either. A little girl who Vincent was flirting with came up the tree & asked the boys why they weren't sliding. The bigger boy said because he was a little afraid, and Vincent just stood there. She shrugged & then went down the slide. That did it for Vincent. He followed her down & found out that it was SUPER fun! This week, when we went back there, he happily said to me in the parking garage on the way in, "I'm going to go down the slide & I'm not going to be scared!"

*I scored on some used Geotrax stuff this week to add on to the small set we already had. David said to me, "I feel like I got the train set I've been wanting for the boys." Ahhh, what a compliment.

*I've been trying to work on meal planning for us & trying to save on our grocery bill. I'm not sure I'm doing a good job. The problem is that I suck at keeping track of the savings & of getting motivated to cook. Yes, I know, my cooking background, etc...I'm working on it, though. To hear about some of the meals I've made recently, visit my food blog - http://ourfamilymeal.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment