Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Weekend & Anti What????

It sure was a nice weekend. We were a busy bunch. We kept those boys so busy that Tyler slept through the night twice (though he didn't last night, and David had to go back to work today...oh well).

It all started on Friday morning. I took the boys to the gym, where they play a the daycare there & I do light exercise. After the gym, we went to meet our friends Kari & Sasha at Vios for lunch (more playing). They took a shorter-than-usual nap that afternoon. We headed over to JMs for dinner, where David met us later. More playing. Head home past their bedtimes...Konk out.

Saturday morning was beautiful. We decided to take the boys to the Japanese Garden in the arboretum. In 7.5 years, that was my first visit. I forgot to take pictures, even though a bunch of people were shootin' up a storm. My attention was on making sure Vincent didn't fall into the water. Next stop was to pick up our meat order from Thundering Hooves. The house we picked up from is close to the cheap pizza-by-the-slice place we like & a nice playground, so that's where we headed once we got our goods. Little impromptu picnic in the park.

I love to watch my boys play, even if they aren't actually playing together. This play ground has a big sandbox. And, a rocking firetruck!
Saturday night, we had our friends, Scott & Corrie, over for dinner. I cooked sausage pasta, roasted broccolette, and made a salad. More playing for the boys!
Sunday...Costco! Need I say more? When we got back from Costco, the rain had let up. Vincent said, "It's beautiful today. I'd like to stay outside and play for a little bit, please." Well, if you put it that way, Kiddo, sure! I had just cleaned up the water table the day before, so that's what the boys played with. There was so lawn mowin', too.
The sun didn't stay out long, and wet little Tyler was starting to get chilly, just in time for his nap. He did not want to stop playing, though. He protested as I carried him into the house. The whole time I was undressing & changing him for his nap, he threw his first big temper tantrum. Stomping feet, falling down to the floor...oh boy. Is it bad that I still thought he was so cute & wanted to laugh?

We let Vincent skip his nap. He stayed up watching "Ponyo" & loved every moment of it. When Tyler woke from his nap, in a much better mood, we decided to eat dinner out. I had a coupon for BOGO-free from Tutta Bella Pizza...yum. Even better, a street car stop is across the street from it. We took the boys for a ride on the street car before dinner & got to the restaurant in time to beat the crowd. While at dinner, I made myself seem like the worlds biggest Cheap-O. Not only did I come with a coupon, I questioned the server on why she would want to charge us for 3 individual scoops of ice cream instead of the 3 scoops (they charge by 1, 2, or 3 scoops) because we needed our 3 scoops split up. We would've got them all in one bowl & shared that way, but I knew Vincent would want to pick his own flavor & have it in his own bowl. I wanted a nutty flavor, which Tyler can't have. So, that meant we needed to have our 3 scoops split up. I completely understand that I was being difficult, but do you get what I mean? In the end, I apologized to the server for my cheapness & told her to charge us whatever she needs to, and she did it my way, even though she's not supposed to.
Here's Vincent enjoying his ride on the street car.
And, finally...Anti Monkey Butt Powder. Real ad from Rite-Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment