Thursday, August 13, 2009

Farmers' Market, Taco Bus, and Vietnamese Music

After a long break from not going to our favorite farmers' market (Columbia City), I decided that I would make the trek, fight the crowd, and just enjoy. I've had a few reason that have kept me from taking the kids recently. 1) traffic, 2) not super far, but definitely not close, and with traffic, it can be a real pain, 3) weather, 4) getting back in time to make dinner, 5) if the kids wake up late from their naps, or are hard to get out of the house, reasons #1, 2, and 4 are tougher.

Yesterday, we got a late start, but I decided that I would just pick up tacos on the way home. When I spoke to David, it turns out that he could take the MS shuttle pretty close to there, so he met us there. Even better. We planned to eat at the taco bus.

This little girl took a big interest in Vincent and Tyler, but was even more interested in the soft pretzel Vincent was eating.
Tyler and I worked on his sitting skills. Comin' along.Here's the taco bus!While waiting for our food, Vincent kept asking where the bus driver was, and when we were going to "go." He couldn't understand the whole concept of this bus, and why it wasn't actually driving.
Today, Julia and I took the boys on a bus ride to the downtown library to listen music played on Vietnamese instruments. It was so fun and interesting. We met up with a couple friends and their daughters as well.Here are some of the instruments. I think they're mostly made of bamboo. Super neat.Tyler fell asleep during part of the show. He's such a little dumpling.

No comments:

Post a Comment