Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gearing up for the big move

Just days before our move to the new house. My mom arrived a few hours ago. We're gonna let the kids get adjusted to having an extra body in the house, and then I'll start crazy packing this place up.

Yesterday, both kids were sick. Vincent had been complaining that his stomach hurt since Sunday night. After breakfast, he said it still hurt. I gave him a Tums. I read the bottle several times to make sure it would be okay. There was nothing said about age restrictions. Obviously, I wouldn't give one to Tyler, but Vincent seems old enough.

Picture this: I'm in the bathroom with both boys. I have Tyler pooping on the toilet, and Vincent getting ready to take the Tums. He chews it up, and immediately says, "But, Mommy, my tummy still hurts a little bit." I say, "Well, you need to give it some time to work. Now, please go back to the dining room and clear your food from the table." "No Mommy," says Vincent, "it still hurts." "Hmmm..." I say.

Then, it happened. Vomit. I yell to David for paper towels and help. More vomit. Tyler wants off the toilet. More vomit...You get the picture.

By mid-morning, Vincent was feeling great. In the afternoon, Tyler woke up with a 103 degree fever. Sweet. For a sick boy, though, he did really well at dinner. By 7pm, he was clearly ready for bed, but when told to go, he would just shake his head, and lay right down on the living room floor.

This morning, he woke still feeling a little warm, but before naptime, he seemed to be back to normal.

I guess it's better a few days before the move than on the actual moving days that the boys feel crummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment